Birth Control Center | Abortion Clinic
LONG ACTING REVERSIBLE CONTRACEPTION.
What is it?
A small flexible rod, about the size of a hairgrip, which is inserted under the skin in the upper arm under local anaesthetic. There is only one type that is prescribed in the South Africa at present, it is called Nexplanon. It contains the hormone progestogen.
The implant can be removed at anytime with immediate return of fertility.
How it works.
The implant slowly releases progestogen into the bloodstream preventing ovulation from taking place (releasing of an egg) and thickens the mucus around the cervix, making it difficult for sperm to get into the uterus. It also makes the lining of the uterus thinner so that it is less likely to accept a fertilised egg.
Advantages of Birth Control (Long acting Contraceptives)
- Does not interrupt sex
- Works for up to three years
- Can be used when breastfeeding
- You don’t have to remember to take it like the pill
- Can reduce heavy, painful periods
Disadvantages of Birth Control (Long acting Contraceptives)
- Does not protect against sexually transmitted infections (STIs)
- Requires a small procedure to fit and remove the implant
- Can cause temporary side effects, e.g. mood changes and breast tenderness
- Periods may change and you may have a bleeding pattern that you find unacceptable.
- Some women can find that their acne worsens
- Not suitable for women using enzyme inducing drugs.
- How effective is it?
- The implant is 99% effective.
- What makes it less effective?
- Some prescribed and complementary medicines.
Dr Jennifer Abortion Clinic
My latest blog posts.
Private Abortion Clinic At Dr Jennifer Abortion Clinic we offer Confidential Termination Of Pregnancy, Our private surgical facility are well equipped SAFE LEGAL PRIVATE ABORTION Dr Jennifer Abortion is a private doctor’s office which has dedicated more than 40 years to performing safe, legal, private abortion services to women of all ages. Our facility is…
ABORTION PILLS IN WELKOM – BETHLEHEM The Abortion Pill Procedure that is most frequently performed today in the South Africa and many countries around the world consists of using Abortion Pills Recent studies indicate that the medical abortion procedure can be used to terminate pregnancy up to 14 weeks (First Trimester) from the last period on…